About 7 out every 10 people who use YouTube to make purchasing decisions based on what they see in the videos they find. That makes it an effective search engine, allowing you to optimise your YouTube Channel to maximise the impact of your content.
Adopted from original article from BrandonGaille.com
Here is what you’re going to want to do.
1) Use Keywords. Place one of your keywords into the name of your YouTube Channel. This will provide you with more organic search results over time. Don’t forget to say your keywords within your video too.
2) The About Us Page. Make sure you’ve filled out your About Us page with relevant information. The first 48 characters of your content here will be displayed in search results, creating a chance for you to maximise clicks.
3) Channel Tags. You have 100 characters of space for any keyword tags you feel are relevant to your content. Use this space wisely as the tags are used on all search engines to help future customers find your content.
4) Trailers. You should have a trailer for your YouTube Channel that is 60 seconds or less in length. This serves as your landing page for many non-subscribers, giving you a chance to maximise the impact of your first impression.
5) Video Length. The average length of a video on YouTube is just shy of 15 minutes. Don’t be afraid of producing lengthy videos that are filled with valuable content to maximize the impact of your channel.
6) Maximise the Start. You’ll hook most viewers within the first 15 seconds of your video. You can also lose most of your viewers in that time period. Stack the front end of your videos with valuable content to maximise the impact of each search result.
7) Improve the Description. Even though it is only 70 characters in length, your video description can still be compelling. Use one excellent thesis sentence which summarises the goals of your video and what viewers should expect from it. Do the same with your title.
8) Video Cards. Embed notifications, video cards, and end screens to push viewers toward a specific action you want them to complete.
Maximising the value of your YouTube Channel isn’t time-consuming or expensive. These proven ways will help you quickly optimize your presence on this platform.
Below is a video about how to optimise your you tube videos for beginners:
Social media is essential for any business to stay relevant in the market place. An effective social media marketing strategy to compliment your current marketing strategy will ensure that your business is in the front an centre when you customers are looking for help in your area of expertise.
We provide a one-day fully immersive training day which will provide you with a tailored social media marketing strategy. Find out more on our services page and get in touch.