Waste Engineer - Nuclear
Hinkley Point A
Salary / Rate:
Waste Engineer - Radioactive
We are looking for a Waste Engineer with experience of nuclear waste Management. This is more of an office-based role, carrying out investigations and continuous improvement by preparing safety cases and work instructions. You will be restarting a comms project, to look at fingerprints, categorisation of waste & manage/discuss the waste team on route of waste
Based at Hinkley Point with regular travel to Oldbury.
- Provision of technical support within the Waste Management organisation.
- To provide technical support to projects and relay the clear expectations of waste management.
- Provide technical support to current and future project design and implementation.
- Provide authoritative advice for internal and external stakeholders.
- Carry out timely investigation of events as required and identify improvements.
- Commit to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies.
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
- Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
- Support colleague`s learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments.Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
- Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company`s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
- The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
In addition, a Waste Engineer at a site has the following responsibilities:
- Collate technical waste performance information for analysis against waste management performance objectives and schedule for the Life Time Plan.
- Assist in preparation of safety cases under the plant modification procedure.
- Assist in specification of work instruction, documentation and processes.
- HNC/HNC in a scientific, environmental or engineering discipline
- Knowledge of environmental issues including practices, policies, legislation and stakeholders relating to radioactive and non-radioactive waste management
- Relevant experience in nuclear industry in areas of waste management
- Experience in developing waste inventories together with records management
- RWA certificate
- Dangerous goods safety advisor certificate
- International movement of dangerous goods certificate
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience above please call/mail me asap for more info. Thank you
Get Into Nuclear
Okay; so let's look at the six steps to get into nuclear:
#1 Know who you are:
Consider your background, skills, experiences, qualifications, interests.
#2 Know what you want:
Assess where you want to be, your priorities, goals, aspirations, lifestyle needs.
#3 Know the Business:
Find out more about the UK Nuclear Industry, the roles, the changes, the forecasts.
#4 Know the Skills:
Assess the requirements for different roles, the training directory, vetting requirements.
#5 Know the people:
Identify the influencers, the employers, the recruiters who can help you to get into nuclear.
#6 Be known:
Review your CV, the groups, what the next steps need to be, Get Into Nuclear.
Our Members Get Access To The Six Steps To Get Into Nuclear Online Course Along With The Options To Undertake a CV Review And Receive Further Information And Support.