Quality Engineer - Major Nuclear New Build Project
Bristol, Bristol (County)
Salary / Rate:
Our client a international engineering organisation are seeking a Quality Engineer to be based in the South West working on a Major Nuclear New Build Project.
The purpose of the role is to establish the Quality Management System of the project and Ensure its implementation.
* Perform the contract requirements mapping/capture process for Quality requirements
* Establish and update the Project Quality Plan (PQP)
* Establish the Quality Management System (QMS) of the project according to the project policy, contract requirements and the company QMS.
* Ensure the communication, training and implementation of the QMS within the project team.
* Monitor and measure the efficiency of the QMS and ensure improvement of the QMS throughout the project life.
* Organise and follow up management reviews
* Prepare the audit planning, perform the audits (including supplier assessment audits) and follow up sentencing of findings and progress of action plans
* Coordinate preparations for external audits of the project (Company internal audits, customer audits, accreditation body audits) and follow up sentencing of findings and progress of action plans
* Review the subcontractors deliverables concerned by quality aspects (FUD, QRA, …)..
* Review the Equipment specifications according to the Quality requirements.
* Participate to the tender assessment process.
* Participate to the supplier manufacturing Kick of meetings.
* Manage the interface with quality client representatives.
* Contribute to definition and implementation of the customer satisfaction process
* Detailed knowledge of UK Nuclear Quality Standards, Quality Assurance and Quality Control requirements and practice
* Experience in developing and establishing an operational QMS
* Experience of the use of quality plans/inspection and test plans/ follow-up documents.
* Lead Auditor professional accreditation
* ISO 9001 : 2015 auditing experience
* ISO 14001 : 2015 auditing experience
* OHSAS 18001: 2007 auditing experience
* Knowledge and experience Quality management for all phases of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning projects
Get Into Nuclear
Okay; so let's look at the six steps to get into nuclear:
#1 Know who you are:
Consider your background, skills, experiences, qualifications, interests.
#2 Know what you want:
Assess where you want to be, your priorities, goals, aspirations, lifestyle needs.
#3 Know the Business:
Find out more about the UK Nuclear Industry, the roles, the changes, the forecasts.
#4 Know the Skills:
Assess the requirements for different roles, the training directory, vetting requirements.
#5 Know the people:
Identify the influencers, the employers, the recruiters who can help you to get into nuclear.
#6 Be known:
Review your CV, the groups, what the next steps need to be, Get Into Nuclear.
Our Members Get Access To The Six Steps To Get Into Nuclear Online Course Along With The Options To Undertake a CV Review And Receive Further Information And Support.