Principal Nuclear Engineer
Salary / Rate:
Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for an Principal Nuclear Engineer to join their growing team in Barrow-in-Furness on a 12 month contract.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of Principal Nuclear Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
* Representing designers to ensure investment and requirements are met by suppliers
* Facilitating good communication between the customer and suppliers
* Liaising with customers both internal and external and suppliers to ensure their requirements and needs are considered, incorporated, and where appropriate agreed
* Representing the client for your scope of work within the offices of the NSRP
* Monitoring progress against the program schedule
* Regular reporting on activity through the Propulsion Engineering Integration Team
* Executing, evaluating, delivering and managing complex engineering and/or cross functional tasks or programmes of work recognising stakeholder and customer requirements
* Identifying problem areas and implementing agreed recovery plans
* Accessing, having clear understanding of and applying the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation applicable to scope of work and complying to the HS&E rules and control measures
* Supporting the team by coordinating actions to progress work activities
To succeed within the role of Principal Nuclear Engineer you’ll have experience in a similar position, and you’ll ideally have the following skills:
* A degree (or equivalent) in relevant engineering discipline or HNC/ HND and significant experience is essential
* Sufficient experience of submarine nuclear steam raising plant (NSRP) is essential
* Must be experienced in Microsoft packages
* High level of relationship management
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Principal Nuclear Engineer, please send your CV to Tom McGuire via the ‘apply now’ button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
Get Into Nuclear
Okay; so let's look at the six steps to get into nuclear:
#1 Know who you are:
Consider your background, skills, experiences, qualifications, interests.
#2 Know what you want:
Assess where you want to be, your priorities, goals, aspirations, lifestyle needs.
#3 Know the Business:
Find out more about the UK Nuclear Industry, the roles, the changes, the forecasts.
#4 Know the Skills:
Assess the requirements for different roles, the training directory, vetting requirements.
#5 Know the people:
Identify the influencers, the employers, the recruiters who can help you to get into nuclear.
#6 Be known:
Review your CV, the groups, what the next steps need to be, Get Into Nuclear.
Our Members Get Access To The Six Steps To Get Into Nuclear Online Course Along With The Options To Undertake a CV Review And Receive Further Information And Support.