Nuclear Systems/Design Engineer - Brussels - 6 Months (Rolling)
Salary / Rate:
A global energy client of mine are currently looking for a Nuclear Systems/Design Engineer to join them on a Contract Basis at their site in Belgium for an initial 6 months with the view to extend on a rolling basis thereafter.
Job description / tasks and responsibilities:
* Perform systems functional analyses and calculations
* Define test programs and take part to the completion of test programs on the field
* Participate to the design of systems within the “Nuclear Island” of PWRs, using the necessary tools and methods
* The deliverables will consist of technical notes, test procedures, reports, equipment functional specifications and other documents to be prepared and issued according to nuclear regulatory and quality standards
* Be in contact with clients to listen to and understand their needs, to prepare scope of works and to present results of your analyses.
* Civil or industrial engineer with a strong will to develop your technical expertise
* Knowledge of thermo-hydraulics and heat transfer phenomena
* 2 to 5 years of experience in the aforementioned areas of expertise (PWR design).
* Prior experience with IT tools such as Flowmaster for calculation of fluid dynamics is an advantage
* Nuclear industry experience ideal but not essential
* Fluent in English
* Fluent in French
* Excellent organisational skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months (rolling)
Rate: Negotiable (DOE)
If you are interested in this role or know anyone who might be please forward your most up to date CV ASAP and I will be in touch to discuss further. Alternatively you can give me a call on +44 (0) (Apply online only) to find out more.
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law
Get Into Nuclear
Okay; so let's look at the six steps to get into nuclear:
#1 Know who you are:
Consider your background, skills, experiences, qualifications, interests.
#2 Know what you want:
Assess where you want to be, your priorities, goals, aspirations, lifestyle needs.
#3 Know the Business:
Find out more about the UK Nuclear Industry, the roles, the changes, the forecasts.
#4 Know the Skills:
Assess the requirements for different roles, the training directory, vetting requirements.
#5 Know the people:
Identify the influencers, the employers, the recruiters who can help you to get into nuclear.
#6 Be known:
Review your CV, the groups, what the next steps need to be, Get Into Nuclear.
Our Members Get Access To The Six Steps To Get Into Nuclear Online Course Along With The Options To Undertake a CV Review And Receive Further Information And Support.