Cost Estimator - Nuclear
Salary / Rate:
I am recruiting for a Cost Estimator (Nuclear), Sizewell (Suffolk, East Cost), 6 months contract, paying up to £50 per hour. 37.5 hours, 4 day week. SC cleared.
• Deliver an effective cost estimating service to Project Managers and Function Lead (Cost)
• To participate in project reviews and audits and conduct self-assessments of the Cost Estimating arrangements to ensure compliance is achieved with company procedures;
• Develop initial Cost Breakdown structure (CBS), support the development of the WBS and ensure alignment between them
• Provide estimates for all stages of a project life cycle (Baseline proposals, sanction requests etc.) using relevant standard method of measurement (NRM2, SMM7, CESMM3 etc.)
• Develop cost estimates based on norms, parametric or bottom up, dependent upon the Project phase of maturity and scope of work
• Develop a Basis of Estimate for all scope estimated ensuring all qualifications, exclusions and assumptions are captured
• Support the Estimating Uncertainty review with the Project team, review and input into discrete risk assessment and support and review the Risk modelling
• Assess Estimate classification and include justification
• Load estimating data into relevant systems and use the estimating and data systems in line with company standards
• Take lessons learned from internal and external data sources in support of cost estimate establishment
• Develop, input into and maintain the cost database for corporate knowledge and feed back into the company norms
• Act as independent verifier for cost estimates, provide comprehensive findings and support the project team in improving estimates
• Involvement in tender assessment through developing pre tender estimates, assessment of tenders to ensure alignment between cost and cope and value for money
• Quantify cost implications of emergent / additional project work and feed into relevant documentation (e.g. change control documentation);
• Support post contract administration through review and assessment of Compensation Events and Early Warnings, Final account and perform Defined Cost Audits
• Support colleague’s learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
• Assist Magnox Function Leads with delivery of training, mentoring and support to colleagues
• If and when there is a change the decommissioning strategy and new technologies need to be introduced to the business; the site / programme baselines will need re-estimating, where applicable.
• Attend sanctioning panel meetings in support of Project Managers
• Quantify cost implications of emergent / additional project work and prepare relevant documentation (e.g. change control documentation)
• Seek out and analyse relevant current and historical data to support robust cost estimating of activities
• Participate in Independent Cost Estimate (ICE) reviews
• Analyse outcomes from reviews, manage and implement actions arising
• Request internal estimating peer reviews of project base estimates
• Participate in audit
If interested, please send your CV
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website
Get Into Nuclear
Okay; so let's look at the six steps to get into nuclear:
#1 Know who you are:
Consider your background, skills, experiences, qualifications, interests.
#2 Know what you want:
Assess where you want to be, your priorities, goals, aspirations, lifestyle needs.
#3 Know the Business:
Find out more about the UK Nuclear Industry, the roles, the changes, the forecasts.
#4 Know the Skills:
Assess the requirements for different roles, the training directory, vetting requirements.
#5 Know the people:
Identify the influencers, the employers, the recruiters who can help you to get into nuclear.
#6 Be known:
Review your CV, the groups, what the next steps need to be, Get Into Nuclear.
Our Members Get Access To The Six Steps To Get Into Nuclear Online Course Along With The Options To Undertake a CV Review And Receive Further Information And Support.